Hygiene of wounds
- Avoid chewing and brushing your teeth on the operated side on your jaw.
- Clean the rest of your teeth normally.
- Avoid rinsing your mouth cavity within first 24 hrs after surgery.
- After 24 hrs you may start using the mouthwash solution based on CHX. (chlorhexidine), 2-3 times on daily basis, max. for 2 weeks.
- Stitches are removed two weeks after the surgery.
- Do not smoke for the first 2-3 days (or at least 2 weeks after implantology)!
- Take the 1st painkiller pill 30 minutes after the surgical procedure.
- During the first few days after the procedure, some pains at/or around the operated area may possibly occur, which should be alleviated with the prescribed painkillers.
- Do not use Aspirin, Andol of any other medicaments containing acetylsalicylic acid, because it may possibly cause bleeding.
- Slight bleeding after the surgery is normal
- Hold down the cheesecloth (received after the surgery) by pressuring it with your teeth on the operated area, for at least 30 minutes
- If any heavier bleeding happens later, place a clean cheesecloth on the operated area and hold it tight with your teeth. Avoid mouth washing anyhow.
- It is possible for a swelling to arise after the procedure
- If swelling occurs several hours after the procedure, put some ice on the outer side of the treated area (hold on some ice, not more than 10 minutes ongoing, than perform 5 minutes break), swelling should decrease after
- Eat softer food during the first 2-4 days.
- Avoid any hot food and drinks and drinking through a straw for a first 2-3 days.
Avoid physical activities and exposure to sunlight during 48-72 hours after the procedure.